Every patient who registers with us will need a comprehensive check up to get both yourself and your dentist up to speed on how best to treat your needs.
What happens at my first visit?
During your first visit you will have the opportunity to meet with our friendly dental team who will put your mind at ease and reassure any nerves you may have. Our dental team are very open and friendly and will take the time to discuss how you feel about your smile and any improvements you would like
to make to your teeth.
- You will be welcomed by our receptionist, who ensures all your personal details are correct.
- If you haven’t already done so you will need to fill out some forms such as a short confidential medical history and a dental history questionnaire. We need to know about your medical history in order to treat you safely.
- Once these are completed you will be ready to see the dentist.
- You will be shown to the treatment room by one of our friendly dental nurses.
- The Dentist will discuss your medical and dental history, put you at ease, and ascertain any concerns you may have. Now it’s your time and chance to ask your dentist any questions that you may have.
- The Dentist will then carry out a thorough examination of your mouth; the examination of your mouth includes the teeth, gums, soft tissues (i.e. tongue and cheeks) and includes an oral cancer check. If required x-rays may also be taken to help detect cavities, gum disease and any underlying problems that you may have.
- Once your dental examination has been completed the dentist will provide you with key information about how your oral health can be improved. Any treatment you need will be discussed and we will be able to provide you with all of the information you require and give details on prices and payment plans.
- The final step is to book your next appointment with our receptionist.